Alerts in Web-App but not in mobile App

Solved
rising_income
Here to help

Alerts in Web-App but not in mobile App

Hello,

I have a network with 8 components (Gateway, 4 Switches, 3 Access Points) and all of them are alerting yellow in the Web-App. In the mobile app all of them are showing as "online" (green).

Who to trust?

1 Accepted Solution
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello @jesseb514@rising_income, and @stylnchris (feel free to tag someone I missed here)

I'm sorry you are still facing this problem. We raced to get a fix out before the holidays to be sure nobody had to deal with the alerting issue all holiday season, but auto updates aren't perfect.

Version 2.115.0 of the Mobile app should contain the fix. Don't forget that you can opt into the beta to get fixes a bit earlier and help us get metrics on the fix.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
Xydocq
A model citizen

hi @rising_income 

Web-app and mobile app get sometimes stuck with old information or not showing the right information at all.

Signing off from the app and signing on again refreshes the info shown on the app.

If you still see different information check the local status page of each device. Local Status Page for Meraki Go Hardware - Cisco Meraki

hope this helps

Many thanks @Xydocq, signing off and on did not help but connecting to the devices locally says

rising_income_0-1702206550362.png

I assume that means the mobile app is right and the web app is wrong?

How do I get rid of the yellow dots in the web app?

I do not know how to get rid of the yellow dots.

Here are some ideas:

- Clear the browser data and try again

- You can file a support ticket and have Meraki Go support look into it.

- You can try to disconnect the GX device from the internet and reconnect it after a while, maybe that will help?

It's up to you

DC3
Here to help

I'm seeing the same issue, so I don't think it's just you. Everything is operating normally for me, and the mobile app isn't alerting at all. I suspect the web app has an issue. 

Xydocq
A model citizen

I did check another browser and guess what I got:

web.png

Not sure if this is related to the browsers or Meraki Go. Guess we need someone like @hidden0 or @ArtMarshall to look into this.

Xydocq
A model citizen

It is defenitly a problem on Meraki Go.

After signing off from the web and mobile-app. Both of my devices show "Alerting" on all browsers and the mobile app.

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the ping, @Xydocq! I get a notification when this happens, so if I'm not actively lurking the forums this is a good way to get my attention. I should put that in an announcement somewhere.

In any case - @DC3  and @rising_income we've been made aware of the problem and our developers are working on a fix.

I understand it is misleading and not clear that the device is actually functioning well, but rest assured our experience thus far tells us this is only a cosmetic issue.

We'll get it patched up ASAP!

stylnchris
New here

Received this from Meraki Support Today, seems everything in my account (multiple sites) all devices are "alerting" both on Moble app and Web.

Thought I'd share

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting Meraki Go Support!

Our developmental team is aware of the issue and working on a fix. I can assure you that all of the Go devices in your account are working as expected and that this is just a UI issue. I'll update you with any new information I receive from the internal team about the fix.

Regards,
Scott Hyatt
Meraki Go Support

Meraki Go support is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm CST via email support. History of the support communication thread can also be viewed in Support Center via the Meraki Go app.

For reference, many questions can be easily answered by searching our online documentation or visiting the Meraki Go community found at the links below.

I have the same problem, now both mobile and web UIs are showing alerts while the status pages say "healthy"

jesseb514
Here to help

I have the same issue and also have a case open with support! My security gateway is working fine but shows "alerting" status in the web app (even with clearing the cache, etc.) Support advised they see the device as healthy on their end.

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello @jesseb514@rising_income, and @stylnchris (feel free to tag someone I missed here)

I'm sorry you are still facing this problem. We raced to get a fix out before the holidays to be sure nobody had to deal with the alerting issue all holiday season, but auto updates aren't perfect.

Version 2.115.0 of the Mobile app should contain the fix. Don't forget that you can opt into the beta to get fixes a bit earlier and help us get metrics on the fix.

jesseb514
Here to help

Thanks for your work on this @hidden0! I appear to see an Online/Active status now in the web app. I'm not sure if it's by chance or not. Is there a way to check versioning in the web app?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.