Whatever happened to Meraki MC!?

cwal21
Getting noticed

Whatever happened to Meraki MC!?

Those MC products sure looked slick, whatever happened to Meraki UC? Is there any chance Cisco will bring that product stack back to life?

MC Product Link 

10 REPLIES 10
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It was abandoned long time ago. It seems that they didn’t get the international partners for it to become a global success. I had directly bought it although the phones were quite expensive.

Yeah I'm wondering if they will ever bring it back, I figured it was abandoned to better improve it and re-release at a later date. One can hope at least...

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I dont think so. Most moved to teams(on laptop or mobile phone) or other online calling services. 

cwal21
Getting noticed

Right, but never hurts to have more competition and integration with existing Meraki Dashboard would be nice to have. Desk phones are still needed since softphones (like the apps u mentioned) aren't always adequate replacements. RingCentral and the others are okay, but would be nice to have the option from Meraki.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I have no special inside information, but I think that ship has sailed and would not expect it to come back. More likely would be something with WebEx calling. I could imagine some visibility and admin tied with Meraki but not sure there is much business case for it.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

I agree, would be cool if Meraki hardware could integrate w/ WebEx calling for handsets and integration w/ Meraki Dashboard but not sure if it's worth it to them to do so.

mlefebvre
Building a reputation

Given that Cisco now has both Broadsoft and Webex Calling I don't really see it, but you may find some success with one of those as your UC platform, I believe Broadsoft at least supports physical desk phones and Meraki provides a recommended topology for use with Cisco cloud-connected phones

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Recommended_Topologies/Meraki_and_...

Broadsoft and Webex Calling going to be separate products or integrated together? Sorry, haven't took a dive towards the UC world in a good while!

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

VOIP is already a flooded market with many free options available. The days of desk phones are numbered. 

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @cwal21 , Cisco's acquisition of Broadsoft killed this.  I was looking forward to this one as it would have brought everything nicely together under one dashboard.  Sadly not to be.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.