Pride Colors on Meraki Dashboard

StraightPride
Conversationalist

Pride Colors on Meraki Dashboard

Today I logged into the Meraki dashboard and noticed that the Cisco/Meraki were in multi colors representing LGBT Pride. I am not against people who chose to identify them self how they want. It is your right. However, when a company shows a bias representation it angers the rest of the community. Where is my Straight Pride colors!?

17 REPLIES 17
Haydn
Getting noticed

Surely you haven't made an account so you can post this? 

Personally I support Cisco Meraki doing this, shows they are a forward thinking organisation...

@StraightPride wrote:

However, when a company shows a bias representation it angers the rest of the community. Where is my Straight Pride colors!?

I'm not LGBT but I think this is positive by Cisco, not sure why you think it angers the rest of the community 

Companies cannot be bias, well they can, but they face discrimination lawsuits which as a non-LGBT discriminates me. It clearly shows that they favor LGBT over non-LGBT people. If they did not then they should remain neutral by not showing either side. Why should LGBT get special treatment?

I think you've really missed the point of Pride month! 

Also, you aren't being discriminated against at all. There is no "unjust or prejudicial treatment" as a result of changing the logo colours temporarily 

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@Haydn wrote:

I think you've really missed the point of Pride month! 

Never heard of that... Thanks 😉

Sure there is. It would be like telling one child over the other that you love them more. Pretty clear to me. Straight people do not go around sticking their colors into other people's faces. Here is a great response by some High School students in Indiana.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/03/14/high-school-kids-spark-anger-with-straight-pride-plans/

How is it that LBGT more special than me? Is that not being discriminatory?  Here, in the fourth paragraph, it states that intimidation is a form of harassment. I feel intimidated that Cisco/Meraki favor LBGT over non-LGBT.

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/harassment.cfm

"Gay pride or LGBT pride is the positive stance against discrimination and violence toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people to promote their self-affirmation, dignity, equality rights, increase their visibility as a social group, build community, and celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance."

I guess you get offended by any movement that promotes or celebrates equality for any communities that you aren't directly a part of? Very sad indeed.

No, I am not offended by other people identifying with themselves only when a company show sides and is not neutral. I have several friends that are gay an lesbians, even they are discussed with this. I guess there are two types of LGBTs ones that like to shove their pride into other peoples faces (intimidation) and ones that do not.

I agree with you, this is sad indeed. LBGT people are entitled to their rights as a citizen but they do not have the right to push it on others. Here in my state, the LBGT group tried to stop the Straight Pride flag from being flown. So both were flown after being overruled in court as it represented a bias towards LBGT. Cisco/Meraki's choice to color their logo is no different.

I guess there are 2 types of straight people also. People that are open minded and people that feel intimidated by a temporary logo supporting a good cause. 

Thanks and have a great day.

I am very open-minded. I am just not ignorant. When my mother told me that I was special I did not go around flaunting my new found powers.

@StraightPride wrote:
I am very open-minded. I am just not ignorant. When my mother told me that I was special I did not go around flaunting my new found powers.

Sadly, everything you've posted so far leads me to believe you aren't open minded and infact ignorant to this subject.

I'm going to stop posting to this topic as it seems you can't be reasoned with, ultimately you've been offended by an organisation showing solidarity with a community who has historically been discriminated against. Reassuringly noone else seems to have had an issue. 

Have a good day! 

Ignorant, no. Stubborn, yes. As I stated I have several friends that are gay and lesbian. I am not against their rights to be who they want to be and they never go around flaunt their beliefs in front of the entire world to see.

To my other point, if I told one of my children that I loved them more than the other with them both present and if the one loved more started to parade around that basically tells the other child that they are loved less and the one parading around is just sticking their nose up and saying, "ha ha, I am loved more than you". This is what Cisco/Meraki is doing by coloring their logo. My statement has nothing to do with LBGT Pride and its meaning just the fact that Cisco/Meraki is being bias, which is wrong.

Oh, and yes I did create an account for this very reason.
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

meraki-pride.PNG

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

I wish that I could also allow the switch to blink all its LEDs with Straight Pride colors. There, we're even. So how that works. If you get to request what you want and get it then I should request what I want and get it. Hugs for everyone. 🙂
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Gosh it's just electromagetic radiation between 405 Thz and 790 Thz that the receptors in ours eyes just so happen to be able to receive through a series of physical and chemical reactions.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

We are locking this discussion to further comments as the topic does not follow the community guideline "Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive."

Thank you,

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.