Meraki

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Meraki

Hi All,

Last year we installed a basic 3 AP network with a POE switch and, let’s just say it has not been the best system for us. Luckily Amazon is willing to let us swap out the gear for a refund. I guess it helps to pay a little bit of a premium once in a while. 

So so we have come down to two solutions - Meraki and Ubiquti. Does anybody know how to setup so I can get some demo gear to play around with? We have been using Meraki MDM for 2+ years and think it would be great to have most of our stuff under one dashboard.

THANKS,

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
5 Replies 5
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hey @jared_f, you could reach out to your Meraki rep to find out about getting some demo units. Or can sign up to have them reach out https://meraki.cisco.com/lp/free-demo

I don't think Ubiquiti does a corporate demo of units, but you can demo their dashboard https://demo.ubnt.com/manage/site/default/dashboard

You may be able to get in touch with a UBNT re-seller that could possibly do some demo units, no idea.

I've used both, a mix of both. I'm definitely a fan of Meraki gear and administration. Ubiquiti has come a long way since I first used them, though. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
nswiatec
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Jared,

Get yourself a free AP by attending a webinar, and/or request trial gear straight away!

------------------------------------
Did I help you? Please hit the green up-arrow, "kudos" button.

Attend one of the webinars and you can get yourself a free AP, Switch or MX unit depending which webinar you sign up to.

Meraki do free trial gear which is all brand new gear so if you like it you can buy it or simply return it.

Good luck!

Ben
A model citizen

@nswiatec I see what you did there! =D
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Hi All,

Thanks for all the help. Just submitted my request for switches, APs, and cameras to give a test.

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.