Favorite techy toys?

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite techy toys?

Pretty sure I’m more excited about this AMAZING Lego robot than my son is... and he’s pretty durn excited. What are your favorite techy toys - for kids or grownups?

A0482639-FC34-4D2E-A2F7-FD9CE58586FE.jpeg

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My son in law calls it the "persuader".  It's pretty exciting.

IMG_20171227_124253.jpg

Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

Definitely the Raspberry Pi! For $35, you can get a lot of different things done. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

My new gaming mouse and headset

Logitech G933 Wireless headset

G903 Wireless mouse

G13 Programmable keypad. 

Makes gaming so much easier and the audio quality of the headset is out of this world!

g933.jpg

Dylan_YYC
Getting noticed

I really like my Google Chromecast. its amazing what it can do, then i have it synced up with my Google Home and everything is voice controlled! 

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

IOT_2000_1000px[1].png

Most of the time I program it using Node Red, which some Meraki and Cisco techies also like using. my present project uses one of these to autonomously control the height at which a racing sail boat "flies" above the water when on hydrofoils. I use ultrasonics to measure the height above the water and adjust trim tabs on control surfaces using linear activators along with "some other stuff".

It is absolutely brilliant, and it scales as I can just add additional 2040s if I need more processing power. Node Red is based on Node.js so it is asynchronous . . .

I intend using the same software to automate Meraki API functionality.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.