ECMS Exam with Perason View

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

ECMS Exam with Perason View

All I can say is I am in the wrong line of business !!!

I have just gone to book my ECMS Online exam with Pearson View and nearly fainted ...... £300.00 for a 90 min exam thats the equivalent of £200 / hour even the UK Prime Minister only gets £40/hour.

Am I missing something here that would make me accept that this fee is justified ?

Does Meraki offer any vouchers to help cover these costs, when I did the SonicWall proctored exam with them the first two attempts where covered by SonicWall and then it was only £100 for each attempt thereafter (not that I needed them :-).  )

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
4 REPLIES 4
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Of course it’s not justified. Pearson has a monopoly and can and do charge what they wish.

Cisco certs are a gravy train for them. Choo choo.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

300 is about the price of any proctored exam though.

Cisco exams are the same.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I feel it is a rip off as well.  Especially when delivered online.

I'm sure it is an expensive business delivering exams globally but come on.

route_map
Building a reputation

imagine living in a 3rd world country and trying to keep up with all of these certs.

Imagine failing, but we have no choice but to carry on

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.