Architectural Symbols

SOLVED
MMoss
Building a reputation

Architectural Symbols

One of my locations is being remodeled and they asked that I add the location and placement of network, television, and overhead paging equipment to the plans. Is there a standard for the symbols used for such things? I've not had much luck outside of the standard network mapping symbols which isn't what would be used on the drawings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Triangles are standard for low voltage cable drops. You can also use a subscript number to identify unique cases like the paging and television drops and then put in a legend more specific like “for paging speakers to be mounted in ceiling tile” you can also number all the drops and then in a spreadsheet have more detail about each drop. 

If you Google search something like “low voltage floor plans” or “electrical plans” I suspect you will find some good examples to reference. 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

You can try stencils. Take a look at this thread here:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Off-the-Stack/Visio-Shapes/td-p/721
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
MMoss
Building a reputation

Unfortunately I'll need to hand draw these. The architect said they should look like some sort of triangle for network equipment for example. Not had much luck tracking it down unfortunately. the VSS file didn't load so I couldn't see the symbols

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Triangles are standard for low voltage cable drops. You can also use a subscript number to identify unique cases like the paging and television drops and then put in a legend more specific like “for paging speakers to be mounted in ceiling tile” you can also number all the drops and then in a spreadsheet have more detail about each drop. 

If you Google search something like “low voltage floor plans” or “electrical plans” I suspect you will find some good examples to reference. 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
MMoss
Building a reputation

Found a few graphics that may work using those keywords. Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.