iOS update delay bug

Shany
Getting noticed

iOS update delay bug

There is a customer company that operates about 3,000 iPad devices.
Even if the iOS update delay is set to 30 days or 90 days, about 4% of the devices are updated to the latest iOS version.

I remember that this was an old problem and had a problem since around iOS14.
Since most devices are being used outside the company, it was difficult for operators to find out under what conditions this problem occurs.

The case was opened to find the cause of this problem, but Meraki SM appeared to be operating normally and could not find any special problems.

Eventually, we opened this case to Apple to determine the cause of this problem.
We received an answer from Apple without taking too long.
Apple said the problem that the iOS update delay did not work properly is a problem with iOS and will be solved someday.
Apple's answer was received after 15.2.1 was released, so this problem will continue to this day.

There may be people suffering from these problems, so I share the contents.

2 Replies 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks for sharing your findings, infomation like that is always extremely useful for others. Thanks!

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Also, iTunes can overwrite any restriction put into place by the MDM. We frequently have devices that have to be restored through iTunes which loads the latest iOS onto the device regardless of any MDM delay we have in place.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels