Stop Screen Lock during Navigation

SOLVED
RamShear
Here to help

Stop Screen Lock during Navigation

I thought that default behavior of most phone, both iOS and Android, was to not lock when actively being used for navigation.

We are using iOS devices.  We have a passcode policy set with the 'Auto-Lock Max' set to  10 minutes.   Expected behavior was 10 minutes if NOT plugged into the vehicle and being used for nav.    Actual behavior is the dang device goes black every ten minutes and requires unlocking.    This is horrible condition when most of our users are truck drivers running navigation, InCab, etc on their iOS tablets.

Is there another setting in either System Manager or iOS that I'm not aware of which I need to use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shany
Getting noticed

@RamShear 

Unfortunately, this is not supported by Apple, so MDM can not provide such a feature.

Currently, the only way to bypass screen lock while a specific app is running is to use the activator after jailbreak.

Of course, Jailbreak is highly susceptible to security issues, so I don't strongly recommend it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shany
Getting noticed

@RamShear 

Unfortunately, this is not supported by Apple, so MDM can not provide such a feature.

Currently, the only way to bypass screen lock while a specific app is running is to use the activator after jailbreak.

Of course, Jailbreak is highly susceptible to security issues, so I don't strongly recommend it.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RamShear : I am agree with @Shany and jailbreaker is not the right option here, dont use that option either. 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
RamShear
Here to help

According to Apple, the system should not lock if plugged into vehicle power and actively navigating.    Upon further investigation, we have a couple things that may be throwing a monkey wrench into the mix:

1) User may be using Google Maps instead of Apple

2) User may not be plugged into power.

So I'm allowing tablets to have auto-lock set to 'Never' and Phones I'm requiring lock in 5 minutes.   I think y'all are right, this is more an iOS issue than Meraki.   And no, there's no way I'm jail breaking our phones.  😄

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels