Software Update

kanoga88
Here to help

Software Update

I have a bundle of supervised phones and I periodically try to push Software Updates. I had the opportunity to play with one of our staff member's phones and I noticed that pushing a Software Update doesn't actually seem to do anything. This is strange to me, especially since his Activity Log shows that the update was successful. Is this feature not currently working? What is everyone else's experience?

2 REPLIES 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Due to a recentish change Apple made devices have to be unlocked so the end user can confirm they want to update the device. It sort of defeats the purpose of having that feature.

@kanoga88 

If it's not an application update, but an iOS software update, @BlakeRichardson  is correct.

Also, iOS software update has a file size of 1GB or more and it takes a lot of time to download it to the mobile device.
If you see "Settings - General - iPad Storage", you can check how much iOS software update file has been downloaded.

If the iOS software update command is normally push to the device, this download file is created and the capacity increases.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels