Setting Android wallpaper issues

Solved
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Setting Android wallpaper issues

As the title says I am trying to set the wallpaper on a couple of Android devices using the wallpaper payload, I have filled out the URLand tested that the image at that URL is indeed available but nothing is happening on the device, the dashboard shows the profile has updated successfully. 

SM Documentation is very light around Android devices and a Google search brings up nothing. 

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @BlakeRichardson ,

We're aware with an issue occurring sometimes when using a HTTPS URL, you may see the error message "Android Wallpaper - System wallpaper image URL is not valid: An error occurred." This is being worked on now by Engineering and should be resolved shortly.

Alternatively, using a HTTP URL may result in the device using the default background. Do drop me a DM with the case # or link to your SM profile so I can take a look if you're using HTTPS and the profile has saved correctly.

Cheers,

Connor

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The lock screen message part of the payload works. 

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Support case?

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @BlakeRichardson ,

We're aware with an issue occurring sometimes when using a HTTPS URL, you may see the error message "Android Wallpaper - System wallpaper image URL is not valid: An error occurred." This is being worked on now by Engineering and should be resolved shortly.

Alternatively, using a HTTP URL may result in the device using the default background. Do drop me a DM with the case # or link to your SM profile so I can take a look if you're using HTTPS and the profile has saved correctly.

Cheers,

Connor

Thanks @ConnorL  that worked a treat, I was using HTTP but changed to HTTPS and is working now.

It would be great to have some documentation around Android settings and the best way to configure them. Coming from managing iOS devices to recently including some Android I am finding documentation for Android somewhat lacking. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels