Problems enrolling Inspiron 7373

stevenwhiting
Getting noticed

Problems enrolling Inspiron 7373

We have 4 Inspiron 7373. I've managed to get one to register with Meraki so it appears in the Devices list on the MDM. However, the other 3 just refuse no matter how many times you install the Meraki agent.

Whereas all our older HPs work and register just fine.

Are there issues with Meraki Agent and Windows 10 version 1803?

7 REPLIES 7
stevenwhiting
Getting noticed

I even see this in the m_agent_upgrade log

2018-10-26 13:26:47.357006 [029918F0]: registration complete: SUCCESS

Yet it never appears in the devices list.

@stevenwhiting I haven't had any issues registering devices running 1803, have you made sure the ports for systems manager are open on your firewall. I dont want to assume your using a Meraki MX so thought it is worth mentioning. 

Firewall Rules for Cloud Connectivity - Cisco Merakihttps://documentation.meraki.com › General Admin...

They'll be open as all the other HP devices work fine, it's just these new Dell machines. I've only managed to get one Dell to register. I did nothing special with that one. Just ran the agent as I always do but these other 3 just won't appear in Meraki.

@stevenwhiting Do the Dell's come preloaded with any firewall software, if so try disabling it temporarily and see if that fixes the problem. 

No, they get wiped and loaded with a fresh copy of Windows 10 1803. As you mentioned firewall I did remember we've had a new Sophos Cloud AV installed recently, that appears to now protect the firewall. So I did a test on a HP to see if that was blocking it. Installed Sophos Cloud AV first, then Meraki and it was fine. I'll need to test the same on one of the Dell's. So it could be the Sophos Cloud AV causing the issue.

I cant see the problem being related to a specific brand, its got to be something software related like the firewall as I mentioned. See how you go with your testing and let us know how you get on. 

Very odd. I've done nothing to the machine but today it's appeared in Meraki. The other two Dell's are still refusing to show up.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels