New user trying to get credentials established on device.

MDGildea
Conversationalist

New user trying to get credentials established on device.

Hi All,

I'm taking over some jobs from a technician who has resigned from our organization so, unfortunately, I'm not starting at zero, but have to fill in some blanks and get things rolling for our new school year.

It appears we have established 162 brand new MacOS devices, Macbook Airs, via Apple School Manager and they are also listed in System Manager. It looks like the management profile is already set up and I have the mangement agent ready.

I have a list of users, teachers, entered in Configure > Owners.

When I open an example device, I come to the credentials fields and enter a username (email address) and a desired password. I get a task icon for a moment, then it just prompts for credentials again.

Please help me troubleshoot or let me know what I'm missing. I've very new to any of this.

2 REPLIES 2
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

So: It sounds like you have an education profile deployed ton your Macs to manage users and to use these as "shared" device

If you go to Systems Manager > Settings > and find a profile that looks like this:

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 11.55.50 AM.png

 This will show you your education profile. Here you can make changes, and decide whether you'll use local users or Apple School Manager users. Just ensure that your device has connectivity to the internet and has the Education profile scoped to it also

I'd also check that all your ADE and VPP tokens are still valid: an easy way to see this is to go to Systems Manager > Overview and click the Sync button next to Apple School Manager:

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 11.57.29 AM.png

Let me know how you get on and we'll go from there....

MDGildea
Conversationalist

Hi PaulF

It seems I don't have an education profile established.

😞

Can you walk me through setting one up?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels