How to remove Meraki Managment Profile ?

Solved
ISF-Dessilly
Conversationalist

How to remove Meraki Managment Profile ?

I don't speak english. Sorry for this text...

We use DEP.

On the iPad, option "Remove profile" not appear.

On the iPad option "Reset Factory et erase data" not appear.

In the meraki MDM app on the iPad, this message appear : "An Error occurred when checking enrollment".

When i use "add device", il download the profile but when i install the profile, it's dont work : "not same identity that the old MDM meraki profile".

DEP correctly configure

VPP correctly configure

Sycing in Meraki Cloud Console is sucessfull

ipad model : MR7F2NF/A

Ios : 14.4.1

Thank you for your help !

1 Accepted Solution
binarydaze
Here to help

If you're really stuck, and it sounds like you are, you can use a DFU reset. Put the iPad into DFU mode and then use Apple Configurator to re-enroll the device. If it's already in DEP, Apple Configurator will reset the device and then it should automatically pull its configuration when it restarts and checks authoriziation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ISF-Dessilly : Check this snapshot below and If the device has been supervised with DEP, the profile may not be removable. To re-enroll the device, update the DEP settings in Dashboard if necessary, then factory reset the device.

Inderdeep_0-1619121493783.png

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

@ISF-Dessilly @I am not sure what caused this problem

I think it would be correct to enroll the device again.
First of all, do not remove the device from the dashboard, do 'erase devlce' on the device page in the dashboard and enroll again.
If you cannot control the device from the dashboard, you will have to initialize it using the Apple configurator.

Yesterday, My customer deleted a profile in lost mode and was unable to manage the device.

I used the apple configurator to 'erase all content and settings' it.

binarydaze
Here to help

If you're really stuck, and it sounds like you are, you can use a DFU reset. Put the iPad into DFU mode and then use Apple Configurator to re-enroll the device. If it's already in DEP, Apple Configurator will reset the device and then it should automatically pull its configuration when it restarts and checks authoriziation.

@binarydaze, Thank you !

Reset ok by DFU mode and iTunes.

The new profile could be installed to replace the previous one.

All is in order !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels