Get device location via API

Stavros
Comes here often

Get device location via API

Hello all,

Has anyone found a way to get location coordinates for supervised devices instead of descriptive text?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Stavros : All Meraki wireless products offer out–of–the–box, easy to use location features as part of  Cisco’s location analytics technology, Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX). Have a look on below link to get the more on the X,Y coordinates and latitude and longitude values

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/tag/location-2/ 

Regards
Inderdeep Singh

www.thenetworkdna.com 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Hello @Inderdeep 

Thank you for the reply. I am actually talking on SM managed devices (eg. ipads) and how to utilize API to grab device (last known) location. It seems that (to my knowledge at least) in both v0 and v1 there is no such call.

Best,

Stavros

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Stavros Did you check this as i think by default it is there on the below request type.

Location.PNG

Let me know if it helps 

Regards
Inderdeep Singh

www.thenetworkdna.com 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

@Inderdeep 

Even if query the "fields=location" using API, the coordinates are not displayed.

Only addresses information that can be located are displayed.

The address must be checked from the coordinate value, but I am wondering if there is a way to solve the problem of showing only the address.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels