Force Managed Apple ID Use (ABM)

DatITguy
Here to help

Force Managed Apple ID Use (ABM)

Is there a way to force users to log into their managed Apple IDs during device setup with or without DEP? We are using Apple Business Manager with federation. I want to know if we can force this on our end users so that we know they are specifically using that Apple ID on company owned devices and not have it be logged out. I could possibly see this being done through enrollment authentication, but since iOS devices can't be configured with Azure AD, that our only option is to use Meraki Managed. Is this even an option?

4 Replies 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DatITguy From all of my dealings with iOS devices and enrollment I have never seen an option to restrict device to only use a specific managed Apple IDs. 

That would be an amazing feature as I am sure in some cases users enter their own personal Apple ID.  

Man, I would also love this feature!

Jeffrey_Lane
Here to help

was wondering if anyone has new information about this ---- now that Apple has Azure and Google intergrations for authenication was wondering ....

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

So, firstly, Systems Manager support the use of Azure, and Google natively when Enrolling devices. This means that you get to see which user has which device

However, Apple Managed ID is also leveraged when using shared iPad. I believe this is currently the ONLY place where it's leveraged.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels