Enrolling an iPad - stuck at 'Waiting for Enrollment'

Clinton
Here to help

Enrolling an iPad - stuck at 'Waiting for Enrollment'

I'm using the SM app to enrol some iPads. 

I scan the QR Code, select Enroll This Device, it goes to the screen 'Enroll in Systems Manager... You will be prompted to install etc....'

I select continue, it says 'Waiting for Enrollment' and stays on that screen. 

What do I need to do to push it through to enrollment?

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Clinton Are you using the free or paid version of Meraki? What iOS are you using? Are these iPad DEP enrolled through Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager? If not, have you looked into using either product?

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Hi @vassallon, thanks for your questions. 

Here's some further info and answers to your questions:

The iPads already have a meraki profile installed, however in SM they are 'Connected' but not 'Enrolled'. 

Are you using the free or paid version of Meraki? Paid

What iOS are you using? 12.3.1

Are these iPad DEP enrolled through Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager?  Yes, through Business Manager

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management > Meraki Management.

When you do that on the iOS device do you see the Meraki Management profile? It sounds like there might be a problem with the profile.

Hi @SoCalRacer 

Yes, the profile is installed, but the device is no longer enrolled. 

mattia
Getting noticed

i think it's because you need to open Settings and allow the profile. it should be on the first page of settings, if not go to General > Profiles and authorise Meraki

Hi @mattia 

The iPads already have a meraki profile installed, however in SM they are 'Connected' but not 'Enrolled'. 

SunnyJ
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Can you take a screenshot of SM app configuration page?

What type of connectivity do you have for your iPad? Do you have any firewall rules on your upstream device? Can you try to connect your iPad to a hotspot without any firewall rules?

Do you have any restriction on your profile? What type of profile did you create? Can you remove the profile from the device by changing the scope of profile to no device? 

If this was helpful, click the Kudos button below. Also, If your issue was resolved, please mark the post resolved so other users can benefit in future.

Hi @SunnyJ , thanks for your questions. I've taken this issue offline with an SM support person and we seem to be making progress, cheers. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels