Deployment to Lenovo tablets cannot be done

dagarva
Here to help

Deployment to Lenovo tablets cannot be done

Hi,

I have installed SM correctly on some Samsung devices (and iPhone too) but when we tried to do on Lenovo tablets, we cannot finish the process.

The issue is only with device owner mode, if I install the app on a system that is running as work profile, there are not issues.

On the process to install SM as device owner mode, I scan QR code, select wifi/language, etc. Then android startup progress is done and after that, SM is loaded and ask you to continue to install it, when you accept you go to a screen that says "Enrolling device"-"This might take a minute, please do not turn off the device" and here is stucked without finish the process.

We have exactly the same issue on 3 different models of lenovo:

• Lenovo Tab M10 Plus 3rd gen: ZAAM0163ES
  • Lenovo Tab K10: TB-X6C6X
  • Lenovo Tab M10 Gen3: TB328FU

We installed it on a Samsung A9 tablet, the process looked stuck too but when we clic on the back arrow, it advance to the next step and finish the process.

Any feedback about the Lenovo situation?

6 Replies 6
dagarva
Here to help

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @dagarva ,

Your best bet is opening a Support case. Annoyingly getting device logs from a unit going through setup enrollment is impossible (mostly) as you cannot adb into a unit.

Cheers,

Connor

Thanks Connor, yep I opened the case before come to the community...just wanted to check if someone had the same issues as I was not able to find nothing linked

dbl4500
Here to help

Have you tried enrolling it via the ADB method?

no, but I cannot use this way as the software will be installed by end users, we need to get SM working as expected...

Iannand
Just browsing

I’ve had similar issues with Lenovo. Try factory resetting, updating the tablet first, and using a different Wi-Fi or QR code generator.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels