Meraki Insight blocked the monitored WEB

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki Insight blocked the monitored WEB

Hello guys,

I am facing strange behavior from Meraki Insight and would like to know if anyone else has faced this issue.

I activated all Meraki Insight licenses on the MXs.

At the same time, a specific WEB application was blocked by Meraki. Approximately 20 minutes later, the MX allowed access to the WEB application again.

This custom WEB application is being monitored by Meraki WEB App Health.
Is it normal for monitored WEB applications to be blocked for some period? or is it a bug?

An observation, the blocking only happens if I access via name, if I access via IP the blocking does not happen.

I have already opened a case with support.

alemabrahao_0-1666272762839.png

alemabrahao_1-1666272805510.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
5 Replies 5
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So , your website was blocked by the MX Content filtering settings. You probably had an event log for those blocks.

I'm having a hard time understanding how is it related to Insights

Nope, this site is allowed in the Content filtering settings, amazingly this is a problem that occurs when the custom WEB application is configured.

Not even Meraki support found an explanation for this. 😅

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Hmm thats odd, what would be useful if the MX allowed you to monitor specific sessions in real time. I use this feature often on Fortigate to resolve issues.  

MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

Could Meraki MX resolve that FQDN?

I could not reproduce this on the Meraki MX67W (MX 16.16) in my environment.

Web App Health Target: http://www.example.com/

Since Meraki MX intercepts DNS communications, I was wondering if internal DNS would conflict with Meraki Insight's functionality.

It's not a DNS issue. As a said It is blocking, then, approximately 20 minutes later, the MX allows access to the WEB application again

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.