Hi All - Better late than never

MSakr
Here to help

Hi All - Better late than never

Hi All

Glad to find and join the community.

Mike from Canada working for a multinational company, introduced our company to Meraki 3 years ago, been a Cisco fan since the mid 2000s, made sure to switch to Meraki due to its ease of use and performance, hoping that the community will help in our process of embracing fully Meraki and at the same time I am expecting to return the favour to the community..

Fun fact.. have been so long in this business that I recall our first IT positions titles were: Computer

Mike out..

10 Replies 10
TyShawn
A model citizen

Welcome @MSakr glad to have you here.

Zeus
Building a reputation

Welcome to the Meraki community @MSakr Happy to have you in the Meraki neighborhood.

Jamie Williams
Delaware City School District
Arthamon
Here to help

Welcome to the community!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Welcome to the community @MSakr many of us have been here sometime!  I started in networking when IP as a layer 3 option wasn't really a thing, certainly for commercial ventures...!

MSakr
Here to help

Nice to emeet @cmr , I go back to the BBS era 🙂 but my Cisco experience started in the 2Ks.. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Now those were the days!  I too only moved to Cisco in the 2Ks after Madge, IBM, Olicom, Xylan, Nortel, 3com and many more!  It was a real age of discovery back then...

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Welcome to the community @MSakr  

Enthusiast
JonathanSwitch
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Welcome @MSakr to the community 🙂

I love hearing stories about the BBS era. I think someone should put together a horror stories of IT thread pre-y2k edition on here.

Yeah.. and the Y2K too.. so many sleepless nights.. and the Red Alert/Nimda Virus in the eary 2Ks with IIS being enabled and open on every windows machine.. these were the days

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks for joining the community @MSakr .

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.