Greetings!

AaronS
Here to help

Greetings!

Hello!

I should properly introduce myself after being picked for August's "Everybody Wins" award (very much honored to have received that). My name is Aaron. I'm a relatively new Network Administrator, having only been in this position for about 2 1/2 years. Before this position, I worked at a large IT help desk, and also was a store manager at a local computer/mobile device repair shop, so my networking background was a little lackluster before this, but I'm learning as I go.

After transitioning to this position, I helped spearhead our transition from WatchGuard firewalls, Ubiquiti APs, and a myriad of different switches to Meraki equipment. We're still not done with the transition, but we at least have all of the MX appliances and most of the main switches and APs deployed. Having all of our stuff from one manufacturer has been fantastic for troubleshooting and configuration.

While I've only made one post before this, I have constantly used this community as a resource in figuring out what I can/can't do with Meraki beyond what is in the guides. I hope to continue learning and contribute as I continue working with Meraki equipment.

Fun fact about myself: I enjoy pretty much every genre of video games, and am pretty decent at most. Could probably sum me up as "Jack of all video game trades, master of none.".

5 Replies 5
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AaronS : Welcome to the community. You have a good experience.

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

congrats once again @AaronS .  The single vendor ecosystem is pretty decent especially when it all can be accessed via the "single pane of glass" dashboard. 😎

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Zeus
Building a reputation

Welcome aboard to the Meraki community!

Jamie Williams
Delaware City School District
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AaronS  Welcome. videos games eh, you don't happen to play Rust do you?  

I used to a few years back, but went into other survival/building games from there such as Ark, 7DtD, and Astroneer, just to name a few.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.