SSID that goes out from a different WAN IP

SOLVED
guavamnia
Conversationalist

SSID that goes out from a different WAN IP

Is it possible to set what WAN IP an SSID uses? I can set 1:1 or 1:Many NAT on devices coming IN to a specific IP address and tell them where to go, but I want to have a VLAN that uses a specific WAN IP for OUTGOING traffic. I need a network my IT Developers can jump on to test our sites as an external user, and avoid the Firewall too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I'm fairly certain your WAN traffic will go out the uplink IP no matter what.  I went through a similar issue and there isn't a current way to accomplish this natively. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I'm fairly certain your WAN traffic will go out the uplink IP no matter what.  I went through a similar issue and there isn't a current way to accomplish this natively. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

maybe you could make a  ssid and breakout in a new vlan and make that vlan bypass the mx to the upstream router. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No.

Tony_Ang
Getting noticed

Hi @guavamnia

I tried before with different SSID uses different WAN.

You need to create VLANs in the MX then tag the SSID to the VLAN you want.

Then in the MX's traffic shaping, shape the VLAN's subnet to use WAN 1 or WAN 2 🙂

It's quite complicated because I got confuse with the tagging too & I don't like it.
I got help from Meraki support guys 🙂

Here's the documentation that I tried an error on 🙂

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/VLAN_Tagging_on_MR_Access_Points

Yup, you'd need to build a whole separate Internet uplink. Create the SSID (eg. ITDev), use VLAN trunking to put it on its own VLAN, with its own default gateway and DHCP server - could be a separate MX unit, or just a regular router. Your SSID would need to be in bridged mode so the router/MX can assign a different subnet and different default gateway to devices on the ITDev SSID.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.