Meraki Customer Support Poor in Industry

Niraj
Here to help

13 REPLIES 13
Niraj
Here to help

Exceptionally in Meraki customer support some engineer is simply degrading the entire support architecture. Even solution is cloud based and completely managed despite Meraki support engineers are hanging issue for weeks and months on negligence and supercilious approach where there is no any monitoring and supervision. 

lpopejoy
A model citizen

Meraki support has gone from "some of the best" to "some of the worst", IMO.  I'm really hoping that this is a temporary issue due to scaling/growing pains.  But it IS very frustrating.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My biggest issue is the time it takes to get a call answered.  Sometimes its real quick (good), othertimes you can be waiting up to 20 minutes.  The long wait times do not happen as frequently as it once did.  So I think things are improving in this area.

Consequently I avoid calling when I can.

Once I get hold of an actual person its usually pretty good.

If you get an issue that needs to get deferred to development then you sometimes stop getting any updates.  I find this frustrating.

Sometimes on a longer running case I get support engineers asking me for the same things that have already been supplied.  That is also frustrating.

On the whole, I think things have been improving.

The problem with humans is we tend to remember the bad experiences we have and treat them with a greater weight than all the good experiences.  Also you don't usually call support because your are having a great time to ask how their day is going.  You are usually under duress and pressure, and this makes things that would otherwise be a small issue seem much worse.

Sounds Good Philip at least acknowledged and accepted things are wrong here in Meraki Support. 

Also, if we take feedback as an genuine concern its will be quite helpful in betterment of services.

Somewhere, we form an opinion and came on conclusion for other concern itself became jury.

Isn't its good, if things should be taken in right manner and put effort for improvement.

Aiden88
Conversationalist

Although I really like the meraki devices and am happy with the devices and the cloud controller features - best I've seen to date. But as for their support, without doubt the worst I've seen. So anyone thinking of buying Meraki gear in the UK that don't have much technical knowledge and need to rely on support First Bankcard.

Undoubtedly a genuine reason why Meraki solution is loosing its spine in industry and in near feature its will be more challenging.

Through such supercilious approach don't think so manage so long only through sales of solution.

I have found much worse with other vendors. A lot of it comes down to the person you are speaking with.

Definitely agree, that more worst with other OEM or vendor but Meraki is also among Top contender. 

JoRett
Here to help

Some years ago, the Meraki support was outstanding!

When calling, you got an Level-3 Engineer quickly. They stay on line till the issue was solved.

IMHO: Today it changed from awesome to awful.

Helpdesk engineer putting best effort in hanging issue on supercilious approach for weeks and months with NIL accountability and answerability. 

Except a Helpdesk support number neither there is any support matrix nor escalation matrix whatever the business impact for Meraki Customers.

Meraki Helpdesk support engineer itself all in all for whatever issue logged and what business impact a customer is facing

RodrigoC
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to join the conversation (be it a little late) as it seems I might be able to help answer some questions and speak to some of your concerns.

First of all, as someone who's full-time job is to make your support experience as effective and pleasant as possible, I want to emphasize how important your feedback is -- You truly are helping us make the Meraki Support experience better for everyone.

A big part of me would love to start rambling on in detail about all the cool new things we've got in the works to take Meraki Support to a whole new level but, my goal here is not to excuse bad experiences. Instead, I want to take this opportunity to re-affirm the fact that we are listening and that we are committed to being the best Support Team in the industry. Suffice it to say that the last couple of months have been a priming period for several big changes that should bring forth major quality of life improvements to the whole Support experience, many of
which specifically target hold times and transparency!

In any case, if anyone has questions or concerns regarding a particular Support interaction, I'm always available via DMs.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My personal biggest beef is the lack of differentiated support for people in the networking field.

What I mean is that as a network engineer myself I always try to give as much information as possible when opening a case by clearly formulating the problem and providing drawings and packet captures.

I then always wait a few minutes before effectively calling support and expect them to first read the info I have given them instead of having to answer noob questions like 'have I tried using a factory made cable'.  My usual calm self quickly escalates to an erupting volcano if after 20 minutes on the phone I'm still answering silly questions after I explained the situation clearly enough for the third time.

I do understand that I can make a mistake myself and perhaps have made a premature conclusion but in most of the cases the conclusions are correct and escalation is in order, but then some engineers just won't escalate and keep you answering noob questions and trying to find bogus reasons in the configuration why the problem exists.

I think the engineer should be able to quickly gauge the skill level of the person on the other end of the line and adjust troubleshooting accordingly.

I feel just the same every time I try to call the Meraki support.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.