Update Attributes of SSID API Call - Something weird going on?

Solved
NJNetworkGuy100
Getting noticed

Update Attributes of SSID API Call - Something weird going on?

API Call - Update-the-attributes-of-an-mr-ssid  

2023-06-19_17-40-31.jpg

So, I'm playing around with the API for updating a SSID.  Using Python 3.9.4 and the latest Meraki module version. 

The bottom API call works fine, with just changing the SSID name and if the SSID is enabled or not. 

BUT, when I try to update other attributes (in the top API call), I get errors about syntax.  

Am I missing something here?  And help would be appreciated.  

1 Accepted Solution
cta102
Building a reputation

You seem to be getting your self mixed up with Python lists and passing values directly

Try

update=dashboard.wireless.updateNetworkWirelessSsid(targetNet, 0, name='Test SSID', enabled=True, encryptionMode= 'wpa', wpaEncryptionMode= 'WPA2 only',psk= 'NewPassword!')

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
TBHPTL
A model citizen

At first glance Psk requires an encryption mode ...

TBHPTL
A model citizen

And an actual PSK.... 

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What @TBHPTL  said makes a lot of sense. 

You could configure the  'test ssid' from your dashboard like you want and then do a 'get' to get the desired parameters. Might be faster than trial and error.

The "getNetworkWirelessSsid" command pulls all the info and attributes from the SSID on that network.  

And if try to add the various other PSK attributes, I still get the same error.  

2023-06-20_15-19-26.jpg

Just very odd that the Python API is only letting me update the SSID name and status, and no other attributes or properties.  

Madhan_kumar_G
Getting noticed

Hi,

Pls try this,

updates = dashboard.wireless.updateNetworkWirelessSsid (net['id'], '0', name="Test SSID", enabled=True, authMode="psk")

cta102
Building a reputation

You seem to be getting your self mixed up with Python lists and passing values directly

Try

update=dashboard.wireless.updateNetworkWirelessSsid(targetNet, 0, name='Test SSID', enabled=True, encryptionMode= 'wpa', wpaEncryptionMode= 'WPA2 only',psk= 'NewPassword!')

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.