Question Re: Community Challenge: Brecht’s API Scavenger Hunt

TylerHerbst
Conversationalist

Question Re: Community Challenge: Brecht’s API Scavenger Hunt

Hi!! When I query the organizations I only see 984443 as an Organization ID and when I append that Organization ID to the URL and do a Get request on networks or devices I don't get a response, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here! The name does say "API Scavenger hunt" though!

7 Replies 7
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

[Mod note: Moved this question from the challenge itself (which is here: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Community-Challenge-Brecht-s-API-Scavenger-H...) to a new thread here.]

@BrechtSchamp See question above! 👆

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

Hi Tyler, you can skip those steps as you already have the network ID. Just need that for the calls.

Hi , I am looking for the last question, I didnt see anything on MX l3 Firewall rules. Can you please guide what actually output needed as i saw output but that is not releveant to any of the coder?

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

There are only two MX L3 firewall rules (outbound), have a look around in them. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

New to Postman and the meraki API, so I went though the tutorial and thought I was ready for the challenge. However, I'm getting a 404 for every request. Maybe I'm missing something in the limitation of Sub-Etha network? I would have thought I could at least get a response  to a getNetwork request to https://api.meraki.com/api/v0/networks/:L_631066897785293452? Any hints as to what am I doing wrong would be much appreciated?

Okay, thank you for the reply! 🙂

Hi,

Is anyone able to get the proper snapshot using the below timestamp?

*timestamp contained answer, mod removed*

I am always seeing strange image like below, whenever I generate a snapshot.

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 6.59.26 PM.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.