Python Script for EoL checking of Organizations devices

NGleich
Here to help

Python Script for EoL checking of Organizations devices

Hi all,

I have created a small Python script that reads out your organizations devices and then checks them against a .csv file containing the current EoL/EoS announced models.

If you like have a look at it, i have uploaded it to github:

https://github.com/NikGl/Meraki_EOL_Check.git

What the script does:

1) Collect all your organizations devices from dashboard API. It then saves the model names and serial numbers.

2) It reads in the .csv file containing the announced EoL models and saves the model names and End of life dates.

3) Finally it checks for model matches and lists matches in a "Eol Report" .csv file. In there will be the model name, the serial number and the date this model reaches end of life state.

You just have to use your own api access key (the one used here is an example key from the Meraki Sandbox) and you would have to paste in your organization id (the one used here is the one of DevNet Sandbox Organization within the Sandbox environment).

The Report .csv will be saved in the same location this .py file is.

You could create a .bat file that starts the python script and use Windows Task Scheduler to periodically run this script to check for EoL devices.

Little note at the end:

I am not a professional developer, this was just a hobby project to improve my python skills and to get familiar with Merakis dashboard api.

If you have suggestions for improvement please let me know 🙂

Kind Regards

Niklas

0 REPLIES 0
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.