More bulk monitor API calls please!!

MartinS
Getting noticed

More bulk monitor API calls please!!

I thought this might be a useful thread to start to see if anyone else is in the same boat as us.

We want to collect a lot of monitoring data from the Meraki dashboard API to feed into our network service assurance platform. To do this efficiently via an API, we would want to see as many of the status and monitor calls made bulk by getting the output by Org rather than by device or by network.

To help Meraki with the prioritisation of this, I've listed the calls below I bumped into this morning that I wished were bulk, and I'll add to the thread as I find others - are there other per-network/device calls that others wished were per org?

{{baseUrl}}/networks/:networkId/appliance/uplinks/usageHistory

{{baseUrl}}/devices/:serial/appliance/performance

{{baseUrl}}/devices/:serial/lossAndLatencyHistory (the API requires IP - not sure why that's need, just list all the existing tests by destination?)

{{baseUrl}}/networks/:networkId/appliance/trafficShaping/uplinkBandwidth (we don't need to call this often, but it would be nice to only have to call it once).

Any others?

---
Product Director
Highlight - Service Assurance Platform
www.highlight.net
6 REPLIES 6
LearningIsFun
Getting noticed

Health Alerts comes to mind -> Org wide would be nice.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by Health alerts please? Sorry I'm not 100% familiar with all the Meraki functionality.

---
Product Director
www.highlight.net

I am referring to the Health alerts contained in the "bell" on the top right of the Dashboard GUI per network.

Alerts roll up here, like device down, poor connectivity, switch ports with CRC errors, 802.1x failed tests etc.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-network-health-alerts

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Global_Alerts_Widget

Currently you have to roll through everything network to pull them instead of being able to pull them Org wide in one call.  1000+ calls instead of say 5.  (depending on size of environment)

pp
Here to help

Pretty much everything in wireless. Channel utilization, latency, per band client counts, SNR, are top of mind.

MartinS
Getting noticed

+1 for that

---
Product Director
www.highlight.net
mlefebvre
Building a reputation

Agreed on {{baseUrl}}/devices/:serial/appliance/performance in particular, would like to see this at the org level and/or get the historical performance not just the moment in time (like what you get on the summary report)

The below don't exist today but would be very nice to have as far as monitoring data

-Device uptime (how long it has been powered on)

-Device uptime (how long it has been connected to the cloud)

-Device status as a timeseries (similar to the way you get it on a device's dashboard page) 
-SSID data usage as a timeseries (the Organization top 10 is close but we need to be able to get specific SSIDs, not just the top 10)
-Data from the MX connection monitor...as described here https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/Connection_Monitoring_for_WAN_Failo...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.