Cisco Meraki and DNA-Center Integrations

Solved
ToryDav
Building a reputation

Cisco Meraki and DNA-Center Integrations

I hope I put this in the correct location. I am trying to understand if this integration is possible, or road-mapped, or if it was abandoned.

ToryDav_0-1674499946164.png

1 Accepted Solution
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ToryDav : Not seen anyone deployed yet, But check here under ( Search for "Integrate the Meraki Dashboard")
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna... 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ToryDav : Not seen anyone deployed yet, But check here under ( Search for "Integrate the Meraki Dashboard")
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna... 

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com
ToryDav
Building a reputation

@Inderdeep I will happily try it. I did find the info how to do this thanks to you. I will report my success or failures here.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sure let us know as well..

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com
ToryDav
Building a reputation

Fantastic, I followed the steps found in the solution provided by @Inderdeep and was able to add my Meraki devices into DNA-C sites inventory. 

There are a few product types that didn't appear though, but what I really needed / expected to come over has, so this is a win for me. 

More testing to come.

Hi ToryDav, What Meraki models were you able to add to the DNAC site?

Is your DNA in assurance or automated mode?

Greetings

I was able to add my dashboard, thank you. Though this may be my impatience, but the only thing it has added so far is the api.meraki device, will it eventually add the access points?

sungod
Head in the Cloud

Not tried it recently, but with an older release of DNAC I added a test organization to see what it was like.

Found it extremely limited, then when I removed the org from DNAC, DNAC didn't clean itself up properly (no impact on the org itself.)

I think the latest versions of DNAC allow some basic provisioning of MR devices to assign SSID(s) defined in Dashboard, but beyond that I believe it's still very limited.

ToryDav
Building a reputation

Thank you, this is good to know!

At the moment, I'm not really looking for a way to push configuration although it would be a nice to have. At this time I am only looking for up/down monitoring and network visibility, a way to consolidate my Catalyst + Meraki into a single dashboard (DNA-C). Getting these into my DNA-C Sites Hierarchy would just be nice.

Telemetry information would also be nice.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.