Cisco Meraki API v1: configure Template PSK

Solved
rajiw017
Here to help

Cisco Meraki API v1: configure Template PSK

Hi, I'm currently working to configure PSK of a Meraki template from the API. I have some networks that connected to a template. If I want to change the networks SSID settings, then I must change the template access control settings. I am just starting to use Meraki API v1 for automation. There is /configTemplates URL to view or edit basic information of the template, such as name, product type, and time zone. Is there a way to do change the PSK of a template using Meraki API v1? Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

10 Replies 10
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you can use the template network id.

and the ssid API https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!update-network-wireless-ssid

Thanks for the reply, ww. I already tried this before. The return is: Authentication mode is not a valid SSID override option

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

does you networkID start with L?  network_id = 'L_

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organization-config-templates

network_id = 'L_123123123'
number = '0' ##number off ssid##

response = dashboard.wireless.updateNetworkWirelessSsid(
network_id, number,
name='NAMEOFSSID',
enabled=True,
psk='HerePSK'
)

Dear ww, thanks for your reply, again 👍. Most of my networks start with 'N_', but very few start with 'L_'. By the way, how to make a networkId starts 'L_'? and what is the different? Thanks in advance. I'll try a 'L_' network tomorrow, and will give you the result.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

N_ are networks with a single device type

L_ are combined networks or Templates(combined?).

if you editing in a template you need to use the ID from this call https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organization-config-templates

Dear ww, thanks for the reply, again ‌‌. I tried it with a 'L_' (or a combined) network. I am still getting the same result: Authentication mode is not a valid SSID override option.
Dear ww and John-K, thanks for your reply. Yes, that is correct that I am trying to configure the whole network of a template. Is that possible to configure the SSID of the template using Meraki API v1? Because, the provided documentation, organizations/:organizationId/configTemplates/, purpose is only to view or edit basic information of the template, such as name, product type, and time zone.

Dear ww, I forgot to mention that I am only using wireless network (Meraki Access Point), so I am trying to configure wireless SSID by the binded template.

Authentication mode is not a valid SSID override option

This is a response when you try to apply a config to a network that is bound to a template, rather than to the (parent) template network.

It is correct that you would need to use the ID of the template to make this change to the entire template.

I just then tried to change the {networkId} param into my templateId.. It works!!! Im sorry for my misunderstanding. Thank you very much ww!!!

adde_x
Comes here often

Hi

I have the same question and I still have not figured it out.

Opened a case but still waiting on a response.

Using the "update_network_ssid" will only change the ssid in the network but not in the template so be careful.

If I find a solution I will post here as well.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.