Cisco Meraki API v1: configure Template PSK

SOLVED
rajiw017
Here to help

Cisco Meraki API v1: configure Template PSK

Hi, I'm currently working to configure PSK of a Meraki template from the API. I have some networks that connected to a template. If I want to change the networks SSID settings, then I must change the template access control settings. I am just starting to use Meraki API v1 for automation. There is /configTemplates URL to view or edit basic information of the template, such as name, product type, and time zone. Is there a way to do change the PSK of a template using Meraki API v1? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

10 REPLIES 10
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you can use the template network id.

and the ssid API https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!update-network-wireless-ssid

Thanks for the reply, ww. I already tried this before. The return is: Authentication mode is not a valid SSID override option

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

does you networkID start with L?  network_id = 'L_

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organization-config-templates

network_id = 'L_123123123'
number = '0' ##number off ssid##

response = dashboard.wireless.updateNetworkWirelessSsid(
network_id, number,
name='NAMEOFSSID',
enabled=True,
psk='HerePSK'
)

Dear ww, thanks for your reply, again 👍. Most of my networks start with 'N_', but very few start with 'L_'. By the way, how to make a networkId starts 'L_'? and what is the different? Thanks in advance. I'll try a 'L_' network tomorrow, and will give you the result.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

N_ are networks with a single device type

L_ are combined networks or Templates(combined?).

if you editing in a template you need to use the ID from this call https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organization-config-templates

Dear ww, thanks for the reply, again ‌‌. I tried it with a 'L_' (or a combined) network. I am still getting the same result: Authentication mode is not a valid SSID override option.
Dear ww and John-K, thanks for your reply. Yes, that is correct that I am trying to configure the whole network of a template. Is that possible to configure the SSID of the template using Meraki API v1? Because, the provided documentation, organizations/:organizationId/configTemplates/, purpose is only to view or edit basic information of the template, such as name, product type, and time zone.

Dear ww, I forgot to mention that I am only using wireless network (Meraki Access Point), so I am trying to configure wireless SSID by the binded template.

Authentication mode is not a valid SSID override option

This is a response when you try to apply a config to a network that is bound to a template, rather than to the (parent) template network.

It is correct that you would need to use the ID of the template to make this change to the entire template.

I just then tried to change the {networkId} param into my templateId.. It works!!! Im sorry for my misunderstanding. Thank you very much ww!!!

adde_x
Comes here often

Hi

I have the same question and I still have not figured it out.

Opened a case but still waiting on a response.

Using the "update_network_ssid" will only change the ssid in the network but not in the template so be careful.

If I find a solution I will post here as well.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.