API IPv6 Static route support

Solved
adv
Conversationalist

API IPv6 Static route support

I am trying to add IPv6 static routes via the API, but so far only succeed to add IPv4 static routes.

A static LAN route subnet must be an IP address in CIDR format." "The static LAN route "my route" has an invalid next hop IP. The IPv4 address fe80::1 is not valid.

Could it be that there is only support for adding ipv4 routes via the API? Does anyone have success with adding ipv6 routes via the API?

thank you!

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As far as I know, it's only possible to create static IPv4 routes via API.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As far as I know, it's only possible to create static IPv4 routes via API.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
sungod
Head in the Cloud

I think @alemabrahao is correct.

One thing you could try, just in case...

If you add an IPv6 static route manually, then use the API to get the routes, does it show in the results?

If it does, try using the same format to set a route.

adv
Conversationalist

thank you @sungod. Just confirmed that getting the routes does result in the IPv4 and IPv6 routes. All required field for IPv6 seem available, but posting the data back errors out with bad CIDR address. Looks like indeed the validation on the Meraki API backend does not support IPv6 addressing yet 😞

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.