MX High-Availability Pair IPv6 Support

Solved
janic
Here to help

MX High-Availability Pair IPv6 Support

I've just read that the MX doesn't support IPv6 in a warm spare topology, does anyone actually know if this is a technical issue or has it just not been implemented yet? IPv6 implementation seems to be a slow process, and it would be nice to move towards IPv6 at some point. It's been supported in a 'single MX' topology for about two years now (MX 17.5), just kind of weird to let the well-prepared customers wait so long.

High-availability (HA) and template deployments are not supported at this time.

IPv6 Support on MX Security & SD-WAN Platforms [Core Fundamentals] - Cisco Meraki Documentation

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At the moment there is no support, I believe it is not a limitation but I believe it is because the need was not seen at that time.

Leave your feedback to Meraki and who knows, they might grant your wish.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At the moment there is no support, I believe it is not a limitation but I believe it is because the need was not seen at that time.

Leave your feedback to Meraki and who knows, they might grant your wish.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Will do, let's hope!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I to would love this.  I have only been able to enable IPv6 at small customers and spokes as a result of this.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

With the ISP we use, we get a block of IPv4 addresses (/29) and use NAT.  With IPv6 we get a device address (/128) and a block that goes behind it for use in our LAN (/48).  I'm not sure how you'd apply that to an HA pair, but perhaps I'm missing something obvious!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels