cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to fetch configuration

Getting noticed

Unable to fetch configuration

Has anyone else seen this issue?  This is the 2nd time we have seen the problem in a week. 

We factory rest an MX because of it, but even that didn't fix the problem.  Support had to "reset" something on their end to resolve.  I can tell you it's a real pain to have to factory reset a 48 port switch in production because of some phantom problem like this.  Not feeling particularly endearing.

2018-12-03 10_22_07-Switches - Meraki Dashboard.png

7 REPLIES 7
Getting noticed

Re: Unable to fetch configuration

...and for the record, this is NOT an issue with internet connectivity. 

Kind of a big deal

I've had this happen on a couple of access points (out of like 2000 for size reference), so its not super common but I too had to have support 'reset' something on their end to resolve.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
A model citizen

Is it on the same device as before? I've only seen it a few times and with the number of devices I manage it's been a really small issue and a factory reset has always taken care of it for good.

Getting noticed

No, it was switch and an MX.  Two separate sites.

That's out of an install base of maybe 250 devices total - so still relatively infrequent.  But we haven't seen the issue in the past 3 years, and then we see it twice in a week.

Kind of a big deal

I recall that some of the very recent firmware notes made references to resolving an issue with devices not being able to retrieve their configs.

Kind of a big deal

Here it is, in 14.35 for the MX:

"Resolved an issue that could result in devices failing to pull configuration updates from the Meraki Dashboard in rare circumstances"

Getting noticed

Interesting, that would explain the MX as it was running 14.35.  It doesn't explain the MS though, but maybe we have to just accept it and move on.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.