Organisation/Overview map - not showing correct info

SOLVED
nealgs
Building a reputation

Organisation/Overview map - not showing correct info

Hi all,

We have a number of sites around Europe, yet - when i click on Organisation overview, map zooms out to show a grey icon over in US near to Palo Alto Preparatory School (we don't have a site there that's for sure).

Grey Icon - Palo AltoGrey Icon - Palo AltoGrey Icon - USA sideGrey Icon - USA side

Also, the location icons are labelled up as marker_ID_xx and not Network name or something useful.  They are also not showing any info when you hover over them:

marker_id.png

Am I missing something obvious in configuring them??

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Not to be to obvious, but you didn't mention if you entered street addresses for all your devices.  Once you have done that it should look correct.  

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you look in the network list in the same view - do you see an funny network names?

nealgs
Building a reputation

Thanks for reply 🙂

I assume you mean unhide table view? - if so, then no, no weird or funny network names, just the ones we've created ourselves.

cheers

Gary

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Not to be to obvious, but you didn't mention if you entered street addresses for all your devices.  Once you have done that it should look correct.  

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Adam
Kind of a big deal

For me the Palo Alto stuff is usually stuff that doesn't have a location set yet.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
nealgs
Building a reputation

Sorry for late reply spankym & Adam,

I believe i have set an address for each device, but will double check this and let you know.

Thanks for the input all 🙂

Gary

nealgs
Building a reputation

Awesome spankym & Adam, that's what it was - I'd missed of the address for one of our sites.

Have added it now and it's moved the grey icon to the correct location.

As spankym was first to reply with solution i've accepted that one (sorry Adam - yours was correct also - should be able to mark all correct solutions 🙂 )

Kudos given to both of you anyway

Cheers

Adam
Kind of a big deal

I'm glad to hear you got it resolved 🙂

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Shanec
Here to help

the second part is an error on merakis part they have been looking into the marker id issue for the last few weeks..
nealgs
Building a reputation

Thanks for that update Shanec - will await the result of their investigation 🙂

nealgs
Building a reputation

Looks like the Map display issue has been resolved - marker_id_xx now replaced with correct details for location.

Excellent work Team Meraki - looks great now, job well done 🙂

Gary

i think is is terrible before each network had a status light so you could quickly go to that network flick through the stack to see what the issue is, now with this new map you loose this feature and still have to go through multiple networks just to locate the issue. its a step back from what we had in my opinion.meraki dashboard.png

nealgs
Building a reputation

Yep, see what you mean Shanec 😞

Have to agree with that, albeit it it's an improvement over the marker_id_xx issue - lol.

There should be an indication and clickable link on which network has a device in error state that takes you straight to that network/device, although if you have the Network tab of the table visible on the right of the screen, this takes you directly to the relevant alerting network, but if you have a shed load of networks, then viewing them all could be a problem.

8/10 Meraki Team, think about it from a users points of view not a devs viewpoint 🙂

Gary 

nealgs
Building a reputation

Another update/addition to this regarding icons on the Map view - they don't appear until you do a zoom operation now 😞

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.