Org/Network ID on Dashboard

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Org/Network ID on Dashboard

Quick thought:

It would be a "nice to have" the Network ID shown on the Network Wide page (or somewhere else relevant), in order to do a quick endpoint test or create a script quickly, instead of having to go through atleast two API calls, and testing just the find the specific Network ID to use. Especially, if you have many networks in an Organization.

The same goes for Organization ID.

Already made a wish. 🙂

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
6 REPLIES 6
merakichamp
Building a reputation

@rhbirkelund  i hope they will consider 😎  but never mind one thing i know is meraki is one technology that is ever evolving 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That sounds like a great idea to me. 

frenz
Here to help

Would be nice if meraki can implement such a useful extension.

Wireless, what else?

sorry for this - maybe stupid - comment (i have not used the API yet): is the network id not shown in the URL, when accessing the dashboard? or is that cryptic 8-char capital and lower letter string sthg else?

Unfortunately no, the Org/Network ID is not shown in the URL of the dashboard.

To yet the org ID of the organization you have to use the API, to get all orgnanizations you have access to, and then filter the one you need. Then you use the org ID, to get all the network ID in that organization, of which you'll have to filter again to the that one specific network ID you wish to work on.

That's already two API calls just to get the started on the actual task at hand.

Bear in mind, that can be put in the script, but I like to do some one-liners first to make sure I get what I expect. Or just get that single piece of information that I need, via the API.
LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
ksumann
Getting noticed

Would be nice to see the network_id in the Dashboard.

Meanwhile, you can see it in the source code of the page.

Search for

Mkiconf.locale_id = "123";
Mkiconf.ng_id = "123";

Some Networks have both, some only one of them.

If you have locale_id then your network id is "L_123", and if you have ng_id, your network id is "N_123".

If you have both, you can use both.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.