Offline Dashboard Backup and Restore

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Offline Dashboard Backup and Restore

You had better sit down before I tell you this.

I've managed to write a script to about 75% backup a Meraki Dashboard configuration to a file, and then restore the environment.

http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/meraki-backup.html

7 Replies 7
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Philip

This looks really useful, do let me know if you need me to test anything.

Robin

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

is think this should not be in there?

del mySNMP['v2CommunityString']
del mySNMP['hostname']
del mySNMP['port']

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ww the Dashboard API does not let you configure those settings, only retrieve them - so yes, I have to delete them otherwise the update call fails.

Nice work @PhilipDAth! I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great if Meraki added a roll-back feature within dashboard natively. I.e You'd make a change to some configuration apply the change, you'd then have a ten minute period to be able to roll back in the case of causing any unforeseen problems. 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@MilesMeraki wrote:

Nice work @PhilipDAth! I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great if Meraki added a roll-back feature within dashboard natively. I.e You'd make a change to some configuration apply the change, you'd then have a ten minute period to be able to roll back in the case of causing any unforeseen problems. 

The one thing I miss from Cisco IOS is the reload in command.  Have an option to send config changes and if you don't send a command to approve them in a timeframe restart on the old config.  Nothing worse than accidentally locking yourself out of something at remote site.

Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

This is awesome! I'll give it a whirl later on in the day.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
NFL0NR
Getting noticed

Now that's some good work.  Great job @PhilipDAth

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.