Meraki New Website Design

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Meraki New Website Design

Am I the only one that hates it?

I find it much harder to navigate, harder to find the models of the devices I'm trying to compare.

If I'm the only one I'll shut up but I just really prefer to the older design.

3333.jpg

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
14 REPLIES 14
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Workaround: use google and search for meraki mr/mx/ms datasheet

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Yeah pretty much what I have reverted to doing.
That and having to go to eBay to get actual multiple/side-view/back-view high quality photos of the devices since the website only ever seems to have thumbnail quality image of their products. Sometimes I want and need to see the back of switches to confirm power connections and stuff. I really hate how they don't have photo's of their products.

Whoever is in charge of that should be ashamed if I'm being honest. Its embarrassing.

TwitterLinkedIn

This is the best way use google and search for meraki mr/mx/ms datasheet 🙂 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Tore
Getting noticed

Or even better: Replace Google with https://duckduckgo.com/ as search engine.

Very good search results and they don't spy on you like Google do.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I just click on technologies as the other three main menu items are clearly bogus 😉  The information isn't then too far away!  Mind you at the bottom of the MR36H page things take a whole new strange turn:

cmr_0-1640282521560.png

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

100% agree

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, In my opinion, it is completely unusable. But it is modern, should be enough in these times …

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The public website is not working for me either.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Agree with @ww. same applies to the main Cisco website. 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Aaron_Wilson
A model citizen

Wow, this change is surprising. Meraki had a very good site showing off their entire full stack. Easy to navigate and find info.

It looks like this redesign has moved away from that and more to their competitors where it is impossible to find any good info.

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Not the first time I've heard someone say the website redesign was a solution looking for a problem... Not to mention certain aspects of it are broken.  Like, try going to meraki.cisco.com/library, and click the "datasheets" link and then from the "Product" drop-down select MR Wireless - and no data sheets are listed.  Then select MS Switching, and only the MS210 and SFP data sheets are listed... I'm sure this will all be addressed and corrected but agree how frustrating it is.

Michael_Singer
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Nolan, I appreciate the feedback (bonus style points for using Kuiil to share your thoughts!) 

I'm interested in which model family you were trying to get more information on or compare against.

Did you use the filter on the left side?

Unlike the previous version of the model pages, we tried to start with more general questions about the use case, speed, and features. 

Also, if anyone notices the site moving slow, it's because there is a lot of new caching since we have revised the layout and some content. It will get faster the more you use it.

Michael Singer

@Michael_Singer 

Thanks for replying and being aware of the community feedback.

I saw this today, which might interest you:

"Is Meraki still selling antennas? I could barely find the page that had AP's on it but it seems impossible to find the page for antennas."

As for other improvements, a comparison feature would be nice so that I can choose two access points I'm trying to compare, and see the differences side by side. The only way to do that is on a PDF scrolling up and down repeatedly.

TwitterLinkedIn

Nolan,

All very good points. I will bring these items to our team for consideration. I really like the comparison idea.

As for antennas and other products, visit this cost calculator. You can get a short description comparison and see what products, accessories, and licenses are available.

https://meraki.cisco.com/product-catalog

Michael Singer
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.