Meraki Cloud Unreachable - Across ALL Networks?

SOLVED
ChrisBarnes
Here to help

Meraki Cloud Unreachable - Across ALL Networks?

Anyone else get flooded with emails about your devices being unable to reach the Meraki Cloud tonight?

As far as I can tell no actual user-facing outages though - so I'm guessing Meraki's Cloud was unhappy for a few moments?

I have 75 emails to delete now...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

A number of our customers hosted in the North American region experienced a short outage tonight when an error in a maintenance process brought down a set of redundant networking devices in one of our datacentres. We appreciate the feedback about a web portal and will take this into consideration. We are also working to close the gap that allowed this outage to occur in the first place.

Alex S | Cisco Meraki Product Management - Cloud

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
typeraj
Here to help

Yep just experienced the same thing across all of our sites. On the phone with Support now...

Support is saying its a Dashboard UI issue that's causing the alerts, but it shouldn't cause any disruption to users.

Well. That's nice.

But I'm getting phone calls from all over the country about the dang emails about the Meraki Cloud... so might be nice if Support had a web portal to share that info when it affects a large group of us. Or maybe update their Twitter account?

Hello,

A number of our customers hosted in the North American region experienced a short outage tonight when an error in a maintenance process brought down a set of redundant networking devices in one of our datacentres. We appreciate the feedback about a web portal and will take this into consideration. We are also working to close the gap that allowed this outage to occur in the first place.

Alex S | Cisco Meraki Product Management - Cloud
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

"[..] when an error in a maintenance process brought down a set of redundant networking devices in one of our datacentres."

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
fsly
Conversationalist

Yes maybe an announcement in the " announcements" section on the dashboard would have been nice this morning..all in all y'all are great with support..but I expected better this time around.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.