Waiting for Your Device to Check In

SOLVED
bk10233
Here to help

Waiting for Your Device to Check In

Hi Community,

I'm trying to enroll about 150 Lenovo Thinkpads into Meraki for device management.

While I can see the devices within Network-Wide > Monitor > Clients , I am unable to successfully add them to the System Manager [ Systems Manage > Add Devices ].

I have progressed through the steps related by the Meraki documentation, including the download and installation of the MerakiPCCAgent, but the end result is an eternal spinner with the phrase “Waiting for Your Device to Check In”.

[ see attached pic ]

I have validated the network as being solid, using both wireless and cabled connections. I have also tried stopping and restarting the service, as well as a few other low impact things suggested on the internet.

I should also note that our Lenovo fleet consists of about 175 devices, and 25 are successfully enrolled as devices within Systems Manager. These are all of the same collection and model.

The consistent end result resolves to “Waiting for Your Device to Check In”. I have even walked away for the evening, but the status remains the same the next day.

If anyone has familiarity with this issue, or options and suggestions, I would be grateful for a response.

Thank you

Bill K / IT Admin

The Spinner SpinsThe Spinner Spins

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mattia
Getting noticed

I had that issue when people were downloading the profile but not installing it.

also when out of licences

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When using the agent what I tend to do is download the MSI onto a USB key, and then install that directly onto each machine.  I find it is faster.

Thanks Philip.. I'll try that ..

+1 for what @PhilipDAth  said. 

mattia
Getting noticed

I had that issue when people were downloading the profile but not installing it.

also when out of licences

thanks for the info mattia .. appreciated !
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.