Map & floor plans not centering on location

PacerX
Getting noticed

Map & floor plans not centering on location

When I pull up a location in maps, it is always centered in the middle of the earth map and not on that location. I have the addresses set for the location on the devices but it still pulls up the middle. Any suggestions?

The Wandering Pacer
"Not all who wander are lost" - J. R. R. Tolkien
www.thewanderingpacer.com
4 REPLIES 4
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @PacerX I think I've seen what you might be describing on occasion - do you mean when you go to the maps and floorplans page, it brings up the middle of the world map, centered somewhere between Africa and South America, but then stays there instead of panning/zooming to the part of the map where your actual deployment is?  And then you have to manually zoom out and click/drag and zoom in to your area? 

I've rarely seen where I go to bring up a map, and it's a full page of light blue, like zoomed into the middle of that map in the ocean, and need to zoom out and zoom back in on the local area of interest.  I figured it was me or a local browser issue.  I just tried this again but cannot reproduce it.

If you can reliable reproduce and demonstrate the map issue, I'd suggest reporting it to Meraki Support, perhaps jump on a Webex to show them live and see if there's a known issue or they need to create a case.

Hello @MerakiDave,

Here is the map that it pulls up by default. I have the addresses set and the devices placed on the map but this is how it pulls up each time for all my locations. I will ask support to see if they have a suggestion.

location-map.jpg

The Wandering Pacer
PacerX
Getting noticed

FYI, To resolve this issue I opened a case as @MerakiDave suggested. Support did a test and found the page operated correctly and brought up the location. After further testing on my side with a separate internet connection, I found that the page did operate correctly. This has lead to reviewing our main internet barracuda firewall. Some how it appears it is blocking the part of the page that centers map on the site location.

Thanks for the help in narrowing it down @MerakiDave 🙂

The Wandering Pacer

Got it, thanks for the update @PacerX , so the web page load was allowed but a certain active element of the page was blocked from operating to update the map.  Curious what showed up in the Barracuda logs, any indication what it was blocking?  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.