MX adv license

Eddie01
Getting noticed

MX adv license

Hi,

I have a site that has all their AP's and switches with ENT licenses, now they purchased an MX but with ADV licenses, besides doing an RMA is there another option they can do to get this to work.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki mx with adv lic can be used without any problem. With AP/switch Ent lic

You dont want ips, amp, content filter on the mx? 

Eddie01
Getting noticed

You dont want ips, amp, content filter on the mx?  Yes

The issue is when they claim the lic, they get a license error

I'm thinking of a separate Org for the MX, but would this be an issue for the present AP's and MR's?

No MX and MR licences aren't related. We always have adv MX with Ent MR (there aren't other licences for MR) and we have no problems.

Open a case with the support. Maybe you have wrong licence for your specific MX model

Thanks

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Mr can also have adv lic.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is because of other mx's already have enterprise licence in the same Org?

You could ask support if its possible to convert to enterprise,( i think then you get x2 license time, but ask them first)

Other option is to return and get refund

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @ww has pointed out it looks like you have other MX's in your network that are licenced as Enterprise feature only.  You can't mix Advanced Security and Enterprise licences with your MX's.  The Advanced MR licence wouldn't affect anything here.

We have had our licenced converted previously with Meraki Support from Enterprise to Advanced Security but it effectively cuts the licence time in half due to the upgrade.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.