Lost old meraki account, cannot restore the devices to the new account

gariggantulga
New here

Lost old meraki account, cannot restore the devices to the new account

Current meraki networks all switch and routers serial number attached to old meraki account. However old accounts username and password is lost due to change of responsible engineer.
On the new account we cannot able to connect the switches and routers because it has been attached to the old account.
We cannot able to restore old account. What to do for this situation?

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is nothing you can do directly without Administrator access to the old account.

I would suggest opening a support ticket and contacting to your Cisco account rep. They may be able to assist recovering access to the existing dashboard, however I wouldn't get my hopes up.

AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

I think there is some scope if you can prove payment / you are the end user for the purchase and have the Meraki or Cisco order number. Many years ago I (as the owner/admin for my company) locked myself out. I sent a copy of driver licence, Meraki order number by letter to London (as per instructions from support) and they opened it up for me.

Reach out to Cisco rep with a support ticket. 

Do you know the old username?

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @gariggantulga , as mentioned previously, if you can proof ownership via order number etc then support should be able to assist.  

Are you not able to recover the previous admins username and password?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @gariggantulga  👋🏼

Your absolute easiest option would be getting in touch with the old administrator, if they no longer work for the company but used a corporate email address within your control, you could also work with the responsible team to access their mailbox / recreate the email address and use it to reset the password.

Should you not be able to do this, open a Support case. This must be done via a written form of communication, as you don't have dashboard access, use this link: https://meraki.cisco.com/meraki-support/open-a-support-case/

You will be expected to prove ownership and there is no guarantee Support will be able to assist. As per the Meraki Offer Description:

“5.2 Limits of usage. You agree to use the Product only in accordance with the Cisco Meraki Documentation available on Cisco Meraki’s website, and You (not Cisco) are solely responsible for maintaining administrative control over Your Dashboard account..”

When if/when you do regain access, ensure you create a backup account to prevent future occurrences of this.

Arthamon
Getting noticed

Also, as a best practice ensure you have more than one admin account for your Organization to keep these issues from occurring in the future.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.