Items no longer on network still show Firmware update needed

SOLVED
PacerX
Getting noticed

Items no longer on network still show Firmware update needed

So a while back I moved one of our APs from one location to another but I am still showing that the AP needs a firmware update for the old location??? I know that the AP is up to date at the new location so I am not sure why it would still list it at the old location. I am also showing a Swtich that is no longer connected to our network as still needing to get an update. 

Anyone know how to remove these devices from the listing? 

*updated note: I just tried updating them and they some how magically "updated" even though they are not attached to the network. I would still like to get them removed if possible. 

The Wandering Pacer
"Not all who wander are lost" - J. R. R. Tolkien
www.thewanderingpacer.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PacerX if you have no APs left in the network then it will still have a firmware set.  The simplest way to fix this is to split the network, delete the wireless network and then re-combine the others.  You will not lose any configuration doing this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You dont have any ap or switch in this network?  Then you can split the combined network, and only combine the networks with active hardware

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PacerX When you say the switch is no longer connected do you mean you have just phsyically unplugged it or have you actually removed it from the network using the inventory page on your dashboard? 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PacerX if you have no APs left in the network then it will still have a firmware set.  The simplest way to fix this is to split the network, delete the wireless network and then re-combine the others.  You will not lose any configuration doing this.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@cmr is onto it.  It's not complaining about a device per-see, but the firmware version of the network itself, regardless of whether it has any devices left in it or not.

PacerX
Getting noticed

Sorry for the late reply, Hope you all had a great holiday (if you were in the US) and/or weekend (for everyone else) 😉 I was able to split the network and get it removed. Thank you all for your suggestions. I find this process a little odd as I would think that that the firmware information should follow the AP if it is moved from one network to another. 

The Wandering Pacer
"Not all who wander are lost" - J. R. R. Tolkien
www.thewanderingpacer.com
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.