Bulk changes to switch configuration

SOLVED
rmhough
Conversationalist

Bulk changes to switch configuration

Hello,

I am looking to see if anyone knows if there is a way to make changes to the configuration for a number of switches. Specifically, I am looking to update the DNS addresses and am looking for an alternative to going in and changing them one by one.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gotcha. As you've seen if you just leave a value out when using API it should ignore/not change the current value.

You'd probably need to use Runner in Postman and use a source spreadsheet with a column of all the switch serials. I've not tried this specific scenario, but I assume it should work. If you haven't used Runner you'll need to read up on it and do some testing to get the basics down.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Thank you for the quick reply! Do you know if this allows me to enter multiple serial numbers at once? I am also seeing options for static IP and Gateway IP. Would that require me to add that information for each device or can I just input the DNS addresses?

I assumed you were using static mgmt IPs based on your initial question. If your switches are receiving DHCP IPs then just change the supplied DNS server IPs in your DHCP scope config. What is providing the DHCP?

I apologize as I think my questions made it confusing. My switches are using static management IPs.  I was just able to successfully change the DNS server IPs using the API. The only thing I am having trouble with now is being able to make this change to multiple devices at once instead of changing each serial number one by one. I will attach a screenshot. Thank you.

ShareX_OHzddLgGBr.png

Gotcha. As you've seen if you just leave a value out when using API it should ignore/not change the current value.

You'd probably need to use Runner in Postman and use a source spreadsheet with a column of all the switch serials. I've not tried this specific scenario, but I assume it should work. If you haven't used Runner you'll need to read up on it and do some testing to get the basics down.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.