Is an improvement of graphs possible?

Duijv023
Here to help

Is an improvement of graphs possible?

I would like to post a kind of feature request here. Call it "improvement of graphs".

What bothers me is that some graphs are interpolated.
As an example: during a nightly outage of a MG21 (unfortunately,  that happens now and then) one can see network traffic in the graph (that is obviously not here). Now that is quit clear, but it may be a really disturbing thing while troubleshooting a more complicated issue.

This is not only seen on MG graphs but also on other dashboard pages (switches, Accesspoints, MX's). 
 2024-03-12 08_00_25-Cellular Gateways - graph02.png2024-03-12 07_55_54-Cellular Gateways - graph01.png

Besides this issue, regardless the selected time interval, graphs are calculated with the same amount of data. Most Meraki network usage graphs are far from detailed (even not in a 2 hour based interval), and perhaps better said: so undetailed they are almost unusable. 

Graphs can be a great help to see anomalies and other issues, so I hope Meraki will improve the display of graphs to a real helpful level!

For the record: I'm writing this not to be angry or so, but in an attempt to get the Meraki life better for us all.

Greetings from Holland!

Alexander

3 Replies 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Duijv023 it just joins the datapoints with a straight line (apart from latency).  I agree they should be consistent, but personally like the detail.  Would you prefer that they all have a gap (like latency) or a straight line (like the rest)?

Hi,

For me, I would like to see a gap, or else datapoints at 0. 

sungod
Head in the Cloud

Yes, I'd rather see a gap than interpolation.

You can use the "Give your feedback" button at the lower right of the dashboard page to make the suggestion (used to be "Make a wish"), it may have better visibility.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.