Dashboard info not quite correct

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Dashboard info not quite correct

For some reason some of the information in regards to network stats on my dashboard isn't correct.

It wont show application information for the last day but will happily show for the last 2 hours.... This network has been operational for months although I have spent this week adding in more devices.

Its also confusing hostnames and IP information, it thinks my gateway address is an iMac in one of the offices.

Is there a way I can force the dasboard to clear what it knows and learn everything from scratch?

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the network is not combined (and most are these days - so you would have to split the network and them combine it again), if you enabled IP tracking and then turn it back off again it wipes all the client data.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Client_Tracking_Options#Tracking_by_I...

@PhilipDAth This network only has MS units and SM clients. There are no MX or MR units attached to this network. 

Thanks

Adam
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeRichardson wrote:

Its also confusing hostnames and IP information, it thinks my gateway address is an iMac in one of the offices.

Regarding the part mentioned above.  I believe you need to go to Security Appliance>Addressing and VLANs and change the 'Client Tracking'.  Possibly to track by IP address. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

@Adam you missed the part above where I mentioned there are no MX units on that network lol

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.