Constant Dashboard "Login Error"

Aaron_Kennedy
Here to help

Constant Dashboard "Login Error"

Over the past couple of weeks, Dashboard has been 'forgetting' that I am logged in and is throwing me back to the login page every time I open a new browser session. Even though I have previously signed in, correctly entered the MFA code, and checked the box that keeps me validated for 30 days, this is still happening.

I can tell that the system knows my login is validated because it doesn't ask me for an MFA code when I sign in, but takes me straight to my client list. However, the following pink bar is displayed across the top of the Dashboard...

Login Error.png

Not sure why there is an error, and definitely not sure why I need to "try again", as I have clearly been signed in correctly and can access my organization.

This happens across multiple browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome) and even persists after resetting the browsers to their default state.

The behavior seems to coincide with the February 7th end to the "Free 100" licensing on Systems Manager. It did not begin until after that date, and yes, I do still have some devices in a 'Free 100' Systems Manager organization that is linked to the same account I use for my main organization. 

If Systems Manager is the source of this 'glitch', is there any workaround I can use other than never closing the browser that has Dashboard running? (Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to transition the final set of devices in Systems Manager over to our new endpoint management platform until June)

UPDATE: I removed my admin account from the Organization that uses Systems Manager, waited a few minutes and then opened a browser to access Dashboard for my primary Org. After going through the login process, I closed the browser and re-opened it. No dice... I was back at the login screen once again.

It seems like Systems Manager was NOT causing the problem, as it still exists even when my administrator account is no longer associated with the organization that uses Systems Manager.

12 Replies 12
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi ,

Are you using a local account or via SAML ?

Although I do have SAML configured for Dashboard, it is not enabled and I do not use it for my primary administrator account. The admin account is a local Dashboard.account.

I have the same issues with my local account on multiple orgs.

I had the same issues last week. This week it seems to be okay for me.

MasG
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello Aaron, 

Since you observed the issue after the end of the free 100 licenses, there is always a possibility that it may be caused by that but without proper troubleshooting from support and verification it may be hard to say if the issue is indeed linked to the end of the free 100 licenses. Therefore we recommend to contact our support team to live help in troubleshooting the issue as they will be your best point of contact to verify if the issue is linked to end of the free SM licenses or if its a totally different issue. 

Thanks. I was hoping that the community could provide me with some insight or options before I resorted to opening a support ticket for something as small as this. It only adds about 15 seconds to my workflow, so isn't a "big issue". It's more of a minor irritation that I just want to try to understand.

If the community ends up not providing any fruitful avenues of investigation, I may just end up asking support to look into it for me.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've had this issue as well but I can't remember which Org it was with. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you try creating another admin account (for testing) - does that have the same issue?  That will tell us if the issue is related to the specific account, or the entire org.

Gave it a try. I set up a new local admin account, enabled MFA on the account, and then logged into Dashboard, making sure to check the box to remember validation for 30 days. After logging in, I created a bookmark for the client page on Dashboard and then closed all browser windows.

Then I re-opened the browser (Chrome) and clicked on the bookmark for the client page. I landed on the login page instead, and after entering the new username and password, I was NOT asked for MFA verification and was taken directly to the client page showing the pink bar with "Login error. Please try again."

It looks like the issue is at the Org level and is not associated with a specific admin account.

I get the same error banner if I follow the order you mentioned which is log in, bookmark any page, log out, click that bookmark, log in, works - but with error banner.

Also, just checked and it's a documented bug and a fix is being worked on.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "Accept as Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @Ryan_Miles I reported this when the new login page launched, hopefully it will be fixed soon as it is a right pain!

This is the "bookmark" I use:
https://account.meraki.com/login/

Try using this one.

Thanks.  That link also directs me to the sign-in page (even if another open tab is currently signed into the dashboard).

I've created three different admin accounts now, and it doesn't seem to matter which admin account I try to use to sign into the dashboard. They all 'forget' that I have requested a persistent session and take me back to the login page every time I re-open the broser.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.