Change-Message notifications - Useless

MK2
Building a reputation

Change-Message notifications - Useless

Hello,

Have any of you noticed that the notifications for changes in the dashboard are very strange. For example, if I change 20 ports, the mail only shows the change for one port.
Today I received this mail after I configured the STP-Guard on one port:

The following settings have changed on the ..... network.

via Mobile App

• Port name was set to root guard.

- Cisco Meraki

I just wanted to ask you once before I open a ticket

5 Replies 5
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MK2 the messages are only to indicate each change session and usually include something related to one change.  The audit includes all of the detailed changes.  Personally I would prefer either just a mention of a change, or the details (and have it configurable).  Is that what you'd want?

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @MK2 , it is a pretty useless feature b my opinion as well.  We’ve tried exporting and parsing via csv but even then we’re limited to a number of characters.

As @cmr states it would be more useful just to see the ACTUAL change made.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Don't forget once you know a change has happened you can look under Organization/Change log to see the specifics of everything changed.

MK2
Building a reputation

The annoying thing is that the notifications have been sent out correctly for a while (end of 2021).

Currently, however, this is only confused stuff.

the function itself is super helpful, because I can inform all admins of the network about a change, all know about it and also what was changed.

@Cisco Meraki
Is there a known bug or is the issue being worked on? Currently the notifications are on the same horrible and useless level as Sophos Firewall 🤢

MK2
Building a reputation

Any news here from Meraki?

Just got this message in my inbox 🤣

Changes Location and name, that's the result:

.....via Mobile App
• Device lat was changed from 12.2567512 to NewName.

- Cisco Meraki

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.