Change-Message notifications - Useless

MK2
Building a reputation

Change-Message notifications - Useless

Hello,

Have any of you noticed that the notifications for changes in the dashboard are very strange. For example, if I change 20 ports, the mail only shows the change for one port.
Today I received this mail after I configured the STP-Guard on one port:

The following settings have changed on the ..... network.

via Mobile App

• Port name was set to root guard.

- Cisco Meraki

I just wanted to ask you once before I open a ticket

5 REPLIES 5
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MK2 the messages are only to indicate each change session and usually include something related to one change.  The audit includes all of the detailed changes.  Personally I would prefer either just a mention of a change, or the details (and have it configurable).  Is that what you'd want?

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @MK2 , it is a pretty useless feature b my opinion as well.  We’ve tried exporting and parsing via csv but even then we’re limited to a number of characters.

As @cmr states it would be more useful just to see the ACTUAL change made.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Don't forget once you know a change has happened you can look under Organization/Change log to see the specifics of everything changed.

MK2
Building a reputation

The annoying thing is that the notifications have been sent out correctly for a while (end of 2021).

Currently, however, this is only confused stuff.

the function itself is super helpful, because I can inform all admins of the network about a change, all know about it and also what was changed.

@Cisco Meraki
Is there a known bug or is the issue being worked on? Currently the notifications are on the same horrible and useless level as Sophos Firewall 🤢

MK2
Building a reputation

Any news here from Meraki?

Just got this message in my inbox 🤣

Changes Location and name, that's the result:

.....via Mobile App
• Device lat was changed from 12.2567512 to NewName.

- Cisco Meraki

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.