Admin account locked

SOLVED
francktls
Getting noticed

Admin account locked

Dear Community,

This morning I tried to login on the dashboard using a different device than the usual one and I locked my account.

I have to contact network admin, but I am the network admin and no way to unlock my account. Do I have to contact support to unlock my account on 20+ organizations I work with ?

And regarding the one I am the unique administrator (CMNA gear) ?

Many thanks for your help.

Franck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
francktls
Getting noticed

Finally, I had a session opened and running on another laptop. It seems using this laptop reactivated my account... Now I can use dashboard normally.

I think I'm lucky because I found this on documentation.meraki.com

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Managing_Dashboard_Access/Locked_Out_of_Das...

Recovering from that situation is not so easy. Especially if TFA is activated 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
francktls
Getting noticed

Finally, I had a session opened and running on another laptop. It seems using this laptop reactivated my account... Now I can use dashboard normally.

I think I'm lucky because I found this on documentation.meraki.com

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Managing_Dashboard_Access/Locked_Out_of_Das...

Recovering from that situation is not so easy. Especially if TFA is activated 🙂

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Do you only have a single account as full admin on your organizations? Meraki best practice is to have more than one full administrator on an organization, for situations such as this. If you don't have a second person you want to add, you can always create a second email address for explicitly this purpose.

francktls
Getting noticed

Hi @Nash 

In fact, I have numerous customers in my portfolio. I avoided to contact them one by one and ask them to unlock my account !

The only one I have with a single full admin rights user is my personal equipment from CMNA... And I will create a secondary admin. I've learn my lesson 🙂

Many thanks

Cmiller
Building a reputation

Glad to hear you got in, Had that happen one day and I learned my lesson real fast; Use a password manager. 1Password is now my best friend
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.